Scripps Ranch Bus Committee
26 OCT 2017
Call to order
Chair -Todd Phillips, Vice Chair - Dane Fetherling, Secretary – Dan Chilton
Members at Large:
Claudia Villela, Joseph Spahn, Cecily Wallbridge, Gail Faber
A. N/A – This is the first meeting of the SRBC.
A. How are we getting the word out to parents about the SRBC and the business we conduct?
1. Via the Scripps Ranch Civic Association (SRCA) website (post governing documents and minutes); e-mail distribution and e-blast
2. SRCA newsletter (as space is available)
3. Presentation of the Bus Program to parents at MMS (prior to registration for following year)
4. Facebook and word of mouth
5. Monthly meetings
B. When should SRBC meetings be held?
1. 4th Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. (Tentative based on availability of the Scripps Ranch Library or Scripps Ranch Community Center)
C. SRBC By-Laws Discussion
1. The proposed By-Laws of the SRBC were read line by line by the Chair and opened for discussion by the board and attending public. Content, format and grammatical changes were noted by the Secretary for implementation to the By-Laws. These changes are to be made to the document and then distributed to the public and the board for further review prior to next month’s meeting. It is anticipated that the board will vote for acceptance of the By-Laws during next month’s meeting.
D. An addendum to the By-Laws was submitted for consideration of the Board. This addendum is more specific to the details and processes of how the SRBC will conduct the business of the Marshall Middle School Bus Program. It is anticipated that the Addendum will be discussed in open forum during the next meeting of the SRBC.
1. The formation and function of sub-committees were discussed. It was determined that formation of sub-committees right now is pre-mature, in that, functions of the sub-committees have not yet been determined by the board. It was agreed to discuss formation of sub-committees at a later date and perhaps as early as the next meeting of the SRBC.
2. It was noted that the formation of at least one sub-committee may be needed for the 2017-2018 school year.
minutes from last meeting
Chair noted that there are no
meeting minutes from the last meeting, in that, this is the first meeting of